Mittwoch, 16. September 2009

KW 38/2

Moin zusammen,

im zweiten Beitrag dieser Woche geht es um den Zustand des südafrikanischen Schulsystems:

Rape and murder stalk South Africa’s playgrounds and classrooms

A recent survey in KwaZulu-Natal, Zuma’s home province, revealed there were 11 murders, 280 rapes and more than 2,500 violent assaults in its schools last year. A further 3,000 cases of drug possession were recorded, a pattern repeated across the country.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/africa/article6823235.ece

Principals and teachers living in fear

A 59-year-old teacher is living in his car in a Joburg park after being forced out of a teaching post. He claims he was dismissed because he is white.

The teacher was one of two who were forced to leave the school. On his first day at the school, a staff meeting was held and the deputy principal made an objection to the posts. "At the meeting, Sadtu-affiliated teachers openly said they did not want white teachers at the school," he claims.

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=13&art_id=vn20090904033835251C341540

Aus den Kommentaren zu dem vorstehenden Artikel:
I am so desperately dissapointed by what is happening in SA. I am white and I want to make my contribution to my country of birth. I reach out daily to people who has less than me but I am starting to feel like a unwelcome stranger in my own country. My children are currently students and will leave as soon as they have completed their studies. I pray that I will keep my job long enough to see them complete their degrees. Our country will loose out on their expertise and knowledge because they are not convinced that there is a place for them here. Luckily they have EU passports and can leave easily. My husband is British and we will also leave then. My heart bleeds for South Africa. Instead of emerging out of the darkness of apartheid we are falling into an even darker hole.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen